It is hosted by Roofbeam Reader head over there to join in.
To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile, within 12 months.
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2010 or later (any book published in the year 2009 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky below – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Every listed book must be completed and must be reviewed in order to count as completed.
3. Your list must be posted by Friday, December 31st, 2010.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back here if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2011 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from either Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. There may be mini-challenge “check-ins” throughout 2011, to award and recognize those participants who are progressing through the challenge, such as a “Spring Break Check-In!” or a “6 Month Pit Stop!” Participants who are making equal progress to-date (6 books at the 6 month check-in, for example) could win a prize!
6. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2010!
My Twelve Chosen
01. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
02. Tess of the D’urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
03. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
04. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
05. 2666 by Roberto Bolano
06. The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox
07. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
08. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
09. The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir
10. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
11. Dracula by Bram Stoker
12. The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
The Two Alternates:
01.The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
02. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak