Adam from Roof Beam Reader is hosting a Magical Marh challenge and full details can be found here.
- You must register with the Mister Linky below prior to March 5th in order to be eligible to participate.
- You must read only “new” books – meaning, no re-reads are allowed. Books for other challenges can be cross-used for this one, but you must read the book and review it in the month of March (previously completed books for other challenges do not qualify).
- You must link up each book review to a separate Mister Linky, which will be available on March 5th (once registrations close).
- Challengers must post on their blog an “Announcement” post, indicating they are participating in this challenge and which level they hope to attain. One completer from each “Class” will be randomly selected to win the corresponding prize for that level.
- You do not need to meet your level in order to win a prize. If you aim for “Grand Merlin Class” but only achieve “Magician’s Class,” you will still be entered into the Magician’s Prize Pool!
- You do not need to list your books in advance, but I plan on doing so (to keep me motivated and to help me stay organized).
- Any Fantasy, Science Fiction, or Magical Realism books will qualify. This means you can read Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, or Alternative Histories.
The Levels to pick from are as follows:
Magician’s Class: 1-2 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $10 or Less
Sorcerer’s Class: 3-5 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $12 or Less
Wizard’s Class: 6-7 Books Read & Reviewed 1 Book $15 or Less
Grand Merlin Class: 8+ Books Read & Reviewed 1+ Book(s) $20 or Less
I am going to aim for Sorcerer’s Class. I am going to go search through my tbr pile and will update this post when I have decided what else I am going to read.
1) The Hobbit – J.R.R.Tolkien
2)The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman