I have known spent the best part of two days going through the Edinburgh Book Festival programme. What follows is my top 15 must see events at the Edinburgh Book Festival. These are the events I am most looking forward to. Events are in no particular order.
1) Kevin Barry & Etger Keres – I have loved everything I have read by Kevin Barry and I am really looking forward to hearing him speak at this year’s festival. I love Etgar Keret’s short stories and have his new collection currently sitting on my tbr pile.
2) Hilary Mantel – I predict that the tickets for this event are going to sell like hot cakes. I know that this will be one of the first tickets I will be purchasing when they go on sale on Friday. I can’t wait to hear her talk about Bring up the Bodies.
3) Ian Rankin (Dessert Island) – Ian Rankin is one of my favourite crime writers and Rebus has to be one of my favourite fictional characters. This event is centered around Ian Rankin’s Rebus novels and he will be discussing his favourite Rebus moments.
4) Translation duel Spanish/French – This is a new thing at this year’s festival and both events look really interesting. It is pitched as translators using their linguistic skills against each other. I certainly think these events will be one of the highlights of the book festival.
5) Neil Gaimen – Coraline is one of my favourite books and I can not wait to heal Neil talk about this book. Neil Gaimen events are always popular at the festival and I predict that this year will be no different.
6) Lindsey Davis & Conn Iggulden – Conn Iggulden is certainly one of the masters of the historical fiction genre and I am really looking forward to hearing him speak. Lindsey Davis is a new author to me and I have ordered her latest book in preparation for seeing her at this event.
7) Staurt MacBride – Stuart is certainly a crime writing genius and the only way to describe his latest book is AMAZING.
These are the 7 events that I am most excited to see at the Edinburgh Book Festival, of course I will be going to many more events. My current wish list is sitting at 49 events and I really do not know how I am going to decrease it any more. There are just too many good events that I want to go to.
What are your must see events, at this year’s Book Festival?