November signals the start of German Literature Month. I participated last year and have been hoping all year that Caroline and Lizzy would be hosting a German Literature Month this year. The schedule for this year is as follows:
Week 1 (November 1-7) Novellas, plays and poems
Week 2 (November 8-14) Literary Novels
Week 3 (November 15-21) Genre Fiction – Crime, Fantasy, Horror, Romance
Week 4 (November 22-30) Read as you please
I have a pile of German translated books waiting to be read. My choices for German Literature Month are as following:
- All the Lights – Clemens Meyer
- Dark Matter – Julie Zehn
- Next World Novella – Mathias Politycki
- Burning Secret – Stephen Zweig
- Morgue Drawer Four – Profijt Juita
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- Zbindens Progress – Christopher Simon
- Homecoming – Bernhard Schlink
- Alone in Berlin – Hans Fallada
- City of Dreaming Books – Walter Moers
The plan is to read the majority of the books listed above but I will see where the month take me.
Are you taking part in German Literature Month?
What are you planning on reading?